The past few years have included:
- Bermuda for my birthday
- Line Sisters Cruise for our 10 year reunion
- Phoenix to visit my cousin
- Myrtle Beach for my family reunion
- Orlando for a cousins graduation trip
- Pebble Beach for work
- Las Vegas for another cousins graduation trip
- Fort Washington, MD to see my aunts
- Back to Bristol (ESPN) to see my friends
This year was a weird year and I can't believe I didn't have a BIG trip (and no Bristol, CT does not count). I was reading one of my magazines and started making out a list of the places I need to go next. Some of these places I've already been but they were so much fun that I think it's time to go back. My family always took an annual trip to Virginia, Beach so as you'll notice it's a lot of sand in this list.
- Bermuda- As you probably noticed - I LOVE BERMUDA. I loved everything about my trip there. The weather, the people, the pink sandy beaches, the lack of pollution- I could go on for days. I feel like I could spend an extended amount of time here. Say- after I retire.
- London, Paris, and Rome- I grouped these together because when I was 16 I went on a two week trip to all three of these wonderful cities. I want to experience them now as an adult. I want to see London through the eyes of a 30 year old and see how much has changed in over a decade. I want to experience the romance of Paris through the eyes of a grateful adult and not the eyes of a privileged 16 year old. Rome has a special place in my heart. I remember it like it was yesterday. I want to see the beauty of the country now that I have lived more of life.
- Berlin- I took seven years of German beginning as a Freshman in high school. I have always been interested in Germany, German history, and of course the Berlin Wall. A former co-worker brought me a piece of the Berlin Wall and it remains one of my prized possessions but I want to see where it was. I want to hear people speak German fluently and see if I've still got it.
- Martha's Vineyard, MA- I've been going there for a few years but now that I no longer live in New England it's hard to get back. This is one of my favorite places on Earth! I love it in season, out of season, any time. It's quiet, quaint and a great place to write. I might try to spend more than a day or so there next time. I also love the Black Prep history there. Oak Bluffs, The Inkwell. Very few places in the United States have been as welcoming to the moneyed Black folks as long as the Vineyard has.
- Aruba- Have you seen pictures? Why wouldn't I want to go there? A tropical paradise with great weather. Sign me up.
- Santorini, Greece- This looks like Heaven on Earth. I want to see the white homes and buildings that seem to come out of the cliffs. Now THIS is a dream trip for sure. Beaches, good food, and a country that I've never traveled to sounds like a great plan to me.
- San Francisco, CA- Ma and I have been dying to get out to San Fran. We've never been. The last time we went to CA together we went to the ESPY's in LA which is a world away from Northern CA. I want to take in the history of the city as well as take a train tour.
- Alaska- No not Sarah Palin's Alaska. I'd like to take an Alaskan cruise and see America's last frontier.
- The fly over states: Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah- Why? Because my ma and I have an all 50 states challenge where we want to see all 50 states but she is FAR ahead of me. I guess since she has 29 years on me that makes sense. One of these days I will catch up with her. I have no idea what I am going to DO in these states but I at least need to get there.
- The South Pacific Islands: Fiji and Tahiti- I have done the Caribbean. It's time for the other side of the world. I want to stay in a hut on the water for weeks.
Those are just the top ten (in no particular order). There are so many more places I need to revisit or see for the first time. South Africa, Philadelphia, Vancouver, Seattle, San Diego, Iceland, Prague. The list goes on and on. Now it's time for me to start planning. Where are some of your favorite spots? Where's a place that you'd love to visit? If you've been to any on my list I'd love tips. Have a good one!